Analyst/Associate - Asset Management (SAM) - Atlanta
Situs Asset Management (SAM) is a leading provider of primary servicing for investors who require superior commercial real estate insight, across all property types in the US and Europe. Our clients and partners typically retain credit risk in senior and subordinate loan structures, including mezzanine, A/B subordinated positions, participations, collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
Our clients generally consist of insurance companies, private equity, opportunity and hedge funds, who retain credit risk, and require a higher level of CRE asset management experience, and/or private labeling customer support.
Our Situs SAM team is seeking a qualified professional for its Asset Management Analyst or Associate level role.
Under the direction of the Senior Asset Manager, the Analyst/Associate provides a wide range of support services to the Asset Management team to facilitate client satisfaction and the achievement of department goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities Summary:
With minimal supervision, assist in the management of a portfolio of highly structured commercial real estate loans, while adhering to company policies and procedures, and managing client relations. Additionally, provide a high level of loan surveillance support to the Asset Management team by monitoring and reporting on property level cash flows, rent rolls, market conditions and property valuations for a nationwide portfolio of loans across all types of commercial real estate property types.
- Collect, review and analyze property, borrower, and guarantor financials.
- Update and monitor loan specific information in the loan servicing system.
- Assist Asset Managers with collection of loan documents, reviewing monthly waterfalls and producing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Communicate with Borrowers, Lenders/Investors and Sponsors as directed by Asset Managers to obtain loan balances, supporting documentation and property updates for capital expenditure projects, leasing activity, construction status, condo sales, etc.
- Prepare and submit correspondence letters to Asset Managers for review including general correspondence, delinquency letters and non-compliant letters.
- Assist Asset Managers with borrower requests and the review / processing of draw requests.
- Assist Asset Managers with reviewing loan documentation and the setup / administration of monthly waterfalls.
- Reconcile and review various reports including billing statements, release statements, payoff statements, remittance reports, quarterly asset reports as required to ensure Situs high standards are achieved in terms of quality, accuracy and completeness.
Required Work experience requirements:
Minimum of 1 year for the Analyst, 3 years for the Associate level of experience in Commercial Real Estate Asset Management.
Core Competencies for this role:
- Basic understanding of real estate finance including debt and equity structures
- Understand and analyze balance sheets and income statements
- Knowledge and familiarity with underwriting and/or asset management of commercial real estate debt
- Strong analytical and computer skills with a thorough, deep knowledge of excel.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated passion for real estate and desire to learn
- Work in a team environment, yet, think independently and generate quality work product with little supervision
- Manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports and environmental reports.
- Understanding of property operating statements for all commercial property types (e.g. hotel, office, multifamily, and self-storage).
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on Situs business and culture.
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- MS Office and Outlook
- MS Excel – intermediate to advanced
Required Education from an accredited Institution:
· Bachelor’s degree; Preferred Field of Study: Real Estate, Finance/Accounting, Business
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify