Underwriter, Vice President, Seniors Multifamily - Advisory - Atlanta
Sr Underwriter, Multifamily Seniors, VP - Advisory - Atlanta
Situs is a pioneer in the CMBS industry, providing outsourced commercial real estate collateral evaluation, due diligence and underwriting services. Through our in-depth understanding of loan origination, credit risk analysis, and the securitization process, we have become the preeminent advisor for the commercial real estate finance industry; providing clients’ the ability to strategically leverage a diverse platform of real estate and capital markets professionals.
Our professional team can be deployed as a variable staffing strategy to manage a specific transaction or other project requirements. We have specialized practice teams for most property types, and have transactional experience across North America and Europe.
Our Situs Advisory team in Atlanta is seeking an experienced commercial real estate loan underwriter with at least five years of commercial real estate underwriting / assumption experience. Emphasis and experience with Multifamily Seniors Housing and Agency Assumption / Borrower Consent and Lending is a strong plus.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple transactions primarily related to one client, with crossover support with additional clients. This position is responsible for managing, mentoring and developing junior level staff. This position involves direct client contact and a requirement to deliver a high quality work product with minimal supervision. The position will require the underwriter to gain an understanding of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loan policies and procedures.
Responsibilities regularly may require an adjusted work schedule, working more than a traditional eight-hour day, and working evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, agency guidelines and credit and risk management policies
- Full understanding of seniors multifamily investment characteristics
- Advanced working knowledge of underwriting and valuation models
- Ability to understand and analyze property level financial information including: correlating, auditing and testing of rent rolls, leases, historical financial statements, expense recovery calculations,
- Working knowledge of industry thresholds and ratios
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including inventory, absorption, new/proposed development, and rent and vacancy trends
- Have ability to oversee or personally execute the research, analysis and narrative parts of the due diligence process for multiple property types and multiple clients
- Be able to identify risks and potential mitigants for market related issues
- Ability to conduct thorough site visits on an as needed basis
- Be able to identify risks and potential mitigants for issues that arise on inspection
- Fully understand the client's scope of work with respect to appraisal, engineering, environmental and seismic reports
- Have full knowledge of third party process and understanding of guidelines and valuation methodologies for appraisals
- Have ability to compare information provided in third party reports to source documentation and discuss variances with third party providers
- Have full knowledge and understanding of borrower/sponsor personal financial statements, tax returns, real estate portfolio schedules and credit/background reports
- Able to identify risks and potential mitigants for borrower/sponsor credit issues
- Responsible for interfacing with and managing at least one client from a client relationship perspective
- Ability to enhance revenue generation with existing client relationships
- Be responsible for directing junior level staff in meeting project deadlines and also perform basic management duties such as employee development and performance reviews
Required Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in real estate valuation or loan credit administration
- Experience with Freddie Mac / Fannie Mae a strong plus
- Experience in understanding real estate valuation methodology
- Strong writing, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and accept accountability
- Strong time management skills and organization skills
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Situs personnel and outside contacts
- Bachelor’s degree; from an accredited Institution
- MBA a plus.
Preferred Field of Study:
- Real Estate
Additional skills required:
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.