Vice President Underwriter - Advisory (Multifamily) - Atlanta
Vice President, Underwriter (Agency / Multifamily) - Advisory - Atlanta
Situs is a pioneer in the CMBS industry, providing outsourced commercial real estate collateral evaluation, due diligence and underwriting services. Through our in-depth understanding of loan origination, credit risk analysis, and the securitization process, we have become the preeminent advisor for the commercial real estate finance industry; providing clients’ the ability to strategically leverage a diverse platform of real estate and capital markets professionals.
Our professional team can be deployed as a variable staffing strategy to manage a specific transaction or other project requirements. We have specialized practice teams for most property types, and have transactional experience across North America and Europe.
The Vice President, Due Diligence & Underwriting for the Agency Team, is responsible for the delivery real estate analysis, CMBS and other commercial real estate loan underwriting and debt consulting services. This role manages multiple transactions with multiple clients under tight timelines and will have a specific focus on Agency and Multifamily. This role may also hold "player-coach" or direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform all aspects of the due diligence and underwriting for loans including analyzing property level data and guarantor financial statements, and reviewing and approving appraisals, property conditions assessments and environmental reports
- Exercise full working knowledge of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loan policies and procedures.
- Perform site inspections, determine appropriate market comparables for property valuation and asset summary report, and complete tenant analyses
- Identify risks and potential mitigants for property related issues
- Research, analyze and summarize tenant level information including financial trends and credit ratings or stock market capitalization
- Prepare final underwriting and credit approval memoranda and present loans for internal credit approval process
- Research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including inventory, absorption, new/proposed development, and rent and vacancy trends
- Interface with agencies and institutional investor groups
- Write property, market and borrower/sponsor descriptions as well as third party report summaries
- Build and manage relationships with clients
- Manage / coach junior Underwriters and Analysts
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in real estate valuation, loan credit administration, underwriting CMBS or CRE balance sheet loans
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous experience with Freddie Mac / Fannie Mae strongly preferred
- Expertise in commercial real estate, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, and credit and risk management policies
- Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, hotel, multifamily) and their different investment characteristics and an ability to see the "big picture" in commercial real estate and capital markets finance transactions
- Proficient in Argus
- Excellent Excel and cash flow modeling skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred fields of study include Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Business
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify