Associate Underwriter - CMBS and Bridge Loans
- Evaluate business cash flow and its acceptability as a primary source of repayment for certain loan programs.
- Evaluate real estate collateral securing the loan and its acceptability as a primary source of repayment for certain loan programs (Multifamily, Commercial and Investor Bridge).
- Perform review and credit analysis of financial information presented by potential borrowers.
- Prepare written loan submission for Credit approval. Goal is to structure a loan that meets the requirements of the borrower and the Company.
- Assist Credit Manager with training of Loan Analysts and Credit Officers. Assist cross department training of loan officers and sales employees.
- Promote a favorable image of the Company to potential and existing clients.
- Contribute to efficient loan processing and closing by maintaining a thorough understanding of the Company’s guidelines and procedures, compliance requirements, and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Perform in-depth review and complex credit analysis.
- Promptly report to the Credit Manager or Senior Management any adverse events or information that would have a material effect on the lending operation or any event or situation that could be a conflict of interest.
- Contribute to loan decision by providing independent analysis, making process and maintenance of portfolio credit quality by providing in-depth credit analysis of loan applications.
- Prepare a Credit Approval Memo to recommend a loan request that presents the following information.
- Loan is of required quality and no violation of guidelines or regulatory requirements exist. If an exception to guidelines exists, it is fully disclosed and justified.
- Borrower has been interviewed and creditworthiness has been thoroughly investigated.
- Adequate financial statements and other pertinent information have been reviewed and analyzed, along with current economic conditions that affect the transaction.
- Loan is properly priced based upon the Pricing Matrix.
- Loan will be properly documented in full compliance with the approved credit request.
- Value and existence of collateral is verified.
- Correct risk rating is assigned to the credit.
- Assist Credit Manager with training of Loan Analysts and Credit Officers.
- Quality of analysis as measured by first payment defaults and defaults within 24 months.
- Number of loan applications analyzed per month.
- Velocity of completed tasks as measured by service delivery times and deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, or Business Administration and 3 to 5 years experience in Commercial Real Estate/mortgage lending.
- Professional level experience utilizing technical expertise and/or a solid knowledge base and skills set to process significantly important work with minimal experience;
- Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A track record of effectively leading, developing credit strategies.
- Post-graduate degree a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Diplomacy in dealing with associates.
- Ability to give and take direction.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Sound financial analysis skills.
- Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.