Quantitative Analyst - Bank Lending Products - MountainView - Denver
We are seeking a skilled Quantitative Analyst with experience modeling cash flows and risks associated with debt products (such as consumer, residential mortgage, and commercial mortgage related loans and securities), consumer deposits or mortgage servicing rights, to join our Model Risk team at MountainView, a wholly-owned Situs company.
In this role, you will interface with clients and focus on a variety of challenging analytical projects, particularly in stress testing, risk measurement, valuation, and loan credit modeling. You will participate in building quantitative models that meet clients’ various needs, as well as performing model validations on existing models.
You will work in an entrepreneurial environment and join a collaborative team of accomplished, highly-skilled modelers and engage in discussions around creating best-in-class models. Depending on where you are located, you will have the option to work in one of our corporate locations or remotely from your home / executive office space.
- Support the development and execution of quantitative models around stress testing, credit losses (CECL/IFRS9), consumer deposit behavior, loan prepayments, loan and security valuation, and risk advisory services
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones and client deliverables are met using the highest standards
- Complete as directed analysis to support existing client requests, efforts to engage new clients, or ad hoc internal projects
- Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience using advanced quantitative analysis and applied statistical techniques, including regression, feature selection, model specification, time series forecasting, economic models, data mining, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, survival analysis, credit risk modeling, prepayment modeling, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, back-testing
- 2+ years financial services experience with a preference for skills acquired in a function responsible for CCAR/DFAST stress testing, capital management, risk management, CECL model creation, loan loss reserve modeling, loan or bond pricing
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing sophisticated financial models and performing ad hoc analysis to support risk, valuation, pricing, and capital decisions
- Advanced statistical software programming skills, preferably R and Python
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/ VBA and database applications
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Masters in a quantitative discipline required, PhD preferred
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain excellent client relations
- FRM or CQF participation/certification a plus
- Enjoys an entrepreneurial environment
ABOUT MOUNTAINVIEW FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
MountainView Financial Solutions (www.mviewfs.com), a leading advisor to the financial services industry, delivers rigorous and objective analysis, data-driven insights and client-centric services that help business leaders Climb Higher™ by better identifying, quantifying and managing credit and interest rate risk exposure and optimizing balance sheet management. Fueled by deep industry knowledge and unparalleled access to valuable market and industry data, MountainView delivers a more holistic view of risk and opportunity that enables clients to make informed and confident decisions.
Specific services the company offers include financial model validations, asset valuations for residential whole loans, consumer loans, residential mortgage servicing rights (MSR) and asset-backed securities, MSR hedge advisory, core deposit analyses, stress testing, and asset sale transaction advisory.
Built upon nearly three decades of risk management experience, MountainView currently serves more than 600 active clients in banking, insurance, lending, servicing and secondary market and securitization.
Situs is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate and finance industries. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S., Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; and Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe in 2016. Situs’ acquisition in 2017 of The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance, expanded Situs’ offer in the residential market, and was bolstered by the 2018 acquisition of MountainView Financial Solutions, an industry-leading valuation and risk analytics solutions provider for the financial services sector.Situs is a rated primary and special servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association.