AVP / VP - Model Risk and Stress Testing - MountainView - Denver
At MountainView Financial Solutions, a Situs company, we empower our financial services partners to make informed and confident decisions utilizing the unrivaled depth of dedication, sophistication and market knowledge of MountainView.
The firm is headquartered in Denver and has offices in New York, Scottsdale, and Los Angeles. MountainView was founded 30 years ago and provides services around four pillars of expertise.
These services are provided to banks, credit unions, mortgage banks, mortgage servicers, hedge funds, private-equity firms, specialty finance companies, securities broker/dealer firms, insurance companies, government entities, family offices and pension funds. MountainView currently has 75 full-time employees.
** This role may sit in L.A., Denver or Scottsdale **
This role will interface with clients and focus on a variety of challenging analytical projects, particularly in stress testing, risk measurement, valuation, and loan credit modeling. The ideal candidate will have experience modeling the cash flows and risks associated with one or more of the following balance sheet categories: consumer, residential mortgage, and commercial mortgage related loans and securities; consumer deposits; mortgage servicing rights.
- Support the development and execution of quantitative models around stress testing, credit losses (CECL/IFRS9), consumer deposit behavior, loan prepayments, loan and security valuation, and risk advisory services
- Complete as directed analysis to support existing client requests, efforts to engage new clients, or ad hoc internal projects
- Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
- 2+ years of experience using advanced quantitative analysis and applied statistical techniques, including regression, feature selection, model specification, time series forecasting, economic models, data mining, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, survival analysis, credit risk modeling, prepayment modeling, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, back-testing
- 2+ years financial services experience with a preference for skills acquired in a function responsible for CCAR/DFAST stress testing, capital management, risk management, CECL model creation, loan loss reserve modeling, loan or bond pricing
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing sophisticated financial models and performing ad hoc analysis to support risk, valuation, pricing, and capital decisions
- Advanced statistical software programming skills, preferably R and Python
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/ VBA and database applications
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain excellent client relations
- FRM or CQF participation/certification a plus
Situs (www.situs.com) is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate industry. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S. Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; in 2016, Situs acquired Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe; and, in 2017, Situs acquired The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance. Situs is a rated servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association. In 2016, Situs received a second consecutive “Advisor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine, and the “Capital Advisor Firm of the Year” award from Property Investor Europe. In 2017, the firm won the “Industry Contributor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine.
ABOUT MOUNTAINVIEW FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
MountainView Financial Solutions (www.mviewfs.com), a leading advisor to the financial services industry, delivers rigorous and objective analysis, data-driven insights and client-centric services that help business leaders Climb Higher™ by better identifying, quantifying and managing credit and interest rate risk exposure and optimizing balance sheet management. Fueled by deep industry knowledge and unparalleled access to valuable market and industry data, MountainView delivers a more holistic view of risk and opportunity that enables clients to make informed and confident decisions.
Specific services the company offers include financial model validations, asset valuations for residential whole loans, consumer loans, residential mortgage servicing rights (MSR) and asset-backed securities, MSR hedge advisory, core deposit analyses, stress testing, and asset sale transaction advisory.
Built upon nearly three decades of risk management experience, MountainView currently serves more than 600 active clients in banking, insurance, lending, servicing and secondary market and securitization.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify