Analyst - Whole Loan & Bond Valuation - MountainView - Denver
At MountainView Financial Solutions, a Situs company, we empower our financial services partners to make informed and confident decisions utilizing the unrivaled depth of dedication, sophistication and market knowledge of MountainView.
The firm is headquartered in Denver and has offices in New York, Scottsdale, and Los Angeles. MountainView was founded 30 years ago and provides services around four pillars of expertise.
These services are provided to banks, credit unions, mortgage banks, mortgage servicers, hedge funds, private-equity firms, specialty finance companies, securities broker/dealer firms, insurance companies, government entities, family offices and pension funds. MountainView currently has 75 full-time employees.
The Analyst / Sr. Analyst will provide valuation and analytic services to investors in residential and commercial mortgages, fixed-income securities, and other complex debt instruments, while supporting all aspects of the Analytics business. The successful candidate will likely have a background in at least one of the following industries: banking, non-bank lending, fixed-income investments, residential mortgages, or commercial mortgages. In addition, the successful candidate will likely have previous experience modeling financial instruments, a strong grasp of finance concepts, and be intellectually curious about current financial, economic, and regulatory topics. Experienced candidates looking for a dynamic, professional environment should apply. You can obtain more information about MountainView from our website at www.mviewfs.com.
· Performs valuations of financial instruments including performing and non-performing residential mortgages, CRE loans, consumer loans, and structured finance securities (e.g. RMBS, CMBS, CLO, SLABS, ABS) using proprietary MountainView models and methodologies, third-party models, professional judgement and critical thinking
· Contributes to the ongoing development and enhancement of valuation models and methodologies
· Stays abreast of current issues and conditions in related markets and industries
· Assists in the organization and analysis of data related to client portfolio composition, asset collateral metrics, historical asset and collateral performance, and related market color
Education and Experience Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
· Two years’ experience in a treasury analyst, investment analyst, or similar role in the banking, non-bank lending, investment management, or consulting industry required
· Previous experience related to valuation, or a strong grasp of fixed-income valuation principles required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel required
· Experience with VBA preferred
· Experience with statistical analysis preferred
· Experience using PolyPaths preferred
· Experience with data analysis, database management and SQL a plus
· Experience using INTEX a plus
· Progress toward CFA designation a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to prioritize demands while working both independently and with colleagues required
· Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills required
Situs (www.situs.com) is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate industry. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S. Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; in 2016, Situs acquired Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe; and, in 2017, Situs acquired The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance. Situs is a rated servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association. In 2016, Situs received a second consecutive “Advisor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine, and the “Capital Advisor Firm of the Year” award from Property Investor Europe. In 2017, the firm won the “Industry Contributor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine.
ABOUT MOUNTAINVIEW FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
MountainView Financial Solutions (www.mviewfs.com), a leading advisor to the financial services industry, delivers rigorous and objective analysis, data-driven insights and client-centric services that help business leaders Climb Higher™ by better identifying, quantifying and managing credit and interest rate risk exposure and optimizing balance sheet management. Fueled by deep industry knowledge and unparalleled access to valuable market and industry data, MountainView delivers a more holistic view of risk and opportunity that enables clients to make informed and confident decisions.
Specific services the company offers include financial model validations, asset valuations for residential whole loans, consumer loans, residential mortgage servicing rights (MSR) and asset-backed securities, MSR hedge advisory, core deposit analyses, stress testing, and asset sale transaction advisory.
Built upon nearly three decades of risk management experience, MountainView currently serves more than 600 active clients in banking, insurance, lending, servicing and secondary market and securitization.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify