Vice President - Credit Analytics - MountainView - Denver
At MountainView Financial Solutions, a Situs company, we empower our financial services partners to make informed and confident decisions utilizing the unrivaled depth of dedication, sophistication and market knowledge of MountainView.
The firm is headquartered in Denver and has offices in New York, Scottsdale, and Los Angeles. MountainView was founded 30 years ago and provides services around four pillars of expertise.
These services are provided to banks, credit unions, mortgage banks, mortgage servicers, hedge funds, private-equity firms, specialty finance companies, securities broker/dealer firms, insurance companies, government entities, family offices and pension funds.
** This role has the possibility of being located in multiple locations **
The Vice President, Analytics will serve as a consultative resource for model validation and ALM function review projects. Specific areas of activity are comprehensive ALM model validations, multiple levels of DFAST/CCAR model validations, liquidity function reviews, and balance sheet risk related projects. This position requires excellent project management, customer service and analytical skills. In addition, this position relies heavily on analysis and effective communication of processes and results. Projects often require a need to educate clients on the underlying concepts.
- Conducts comprehensive validations of CCAR/DFAST credit sub-models, consolidator models, regulatory submission packets, and related elements in both strictly regulatory compliance and broader based user empowerment modes
- Conducts comprehensive validations of liquidity functions and policies, including contingency funding plans and liquidity related models
- Conducts comprehensive validations of asset / liability models including policies and process documentation
- Functions independently and as a leading team member on time and content sensitive projects
- Develops, in context with team members, specific solutions for model risk assessment in financial institutions both large and small and across charters and operating types
- Manages projects from inception to final delivery, with support from a strong sales team, a time proven proprietary diagnostic and technical reporting framework, peer review resources, and senior management assistance
- Contributes to the evolution of the model validation service line deliverables as well as other company services. This includes becoming familiar with MountainView deliverables to identify any production or methodology opportunities for improvement.
- Acts as the expert in guidance related to the model validation lines (IRR, Liquidity, DFAST, CCAR, Basel III, Model Risk, etc.)
- Contributes toward improving reports to become a better tool more compliant with internal audit and enterprise risk management client contacts
- Five years’ experience in a financial institution
- Exposure to DFAST/CCAR models including Credit, PPNR, ALM, Liquidity and capital modeling
- Experienced in high end ALM model (e.g. BancWare/Empyrean/QRM) user and technically capable of learning how to conduct validations of such models in a time sensitive environment
- A high degree of familiarity with banking sector regulations related to balance sheet risk mandates and a strong fluency in compliance oriented report writing phraseology
- Experience in Treasury and/or Enterprise Risk Management experience is required. A CPA and/or an MBA in Accounting or Finance, and/or equivalent job experience are required
- Working level competence in time series statistical methodologies as applied to measurement of balance sheet risk positions
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to communicate well with client management teams, senior regulators,examiners, and all levels of staff
- Understanding of bank/credit union balance sheet contractual characteristics, non-contractual behaviors, and types of associated balance sheet risk exposure sources
- Strong presentation skills and effective knowledge transfer ability
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel applications
- Familiarity with data management software and tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
Situs (www.situs.com) is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate industry. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S. Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; in 2016, Situs acquired Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe; and, in 2017, Situs acquired The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance. Situs is a rated servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association. In 2016, Situs received a second consecutive “Advisor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine, and the “Capital Advisor Firm of the Year” award from Property Investor Europe. In 2017, the firm won the “Industry Contributor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine.
ABOUT MOUNTAINVIEW FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
MountainView Financial Solutions (www.mviewfs.com), a leading advisor to the financial services industry, delivers rigorous and objective analysis, data-driven insights and client-centric services that help business leaders Climb Higher™ by better identifying, quantifying and managing credit and interest rate risk exposure and optimizing balance sheet management. Fueled by deep industry knowledge and unparalleled access to valuable market and industry data, MountainView delivers a more holistic view of risk and opportunity that enables clients to make informed and confident decisions.
Specific services the company offers include financial model validations, asset valuations for residential whole loans, consumer loans, residential mortgage servicing rights (MSR) and asset-backed securities, MSR hedge advisory, core deposit analyses, stress testing, and asset sale transaction advisory.
Built upon nearly three decades of risk management experience, MountainView currently serves more than 600 active clients in banking, insurance, lending, servicing and secondary market and securitization.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify