Vice President - Legal Counsel
· Provide primary support to meet the legal needs of the company’s business lines that provide professional support in connection with commercial and residential real estate assets, including valuations and appraisals, interest rate risk management services, including hedging services, ALLL and other model development and validation services and core deposit studies and asset sale advisory services for residential loans and mortgage servicing rights.
o Give accurate and timely counsel to business leadership on a variety of legal topics
o Has or is willing to expend the effort necessary to gain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s businesses and the industry in which it operates
o Collaborate with management to proactively identify and manage legal risks
o Review, draft and participate in contract negotiations with clients and vendors
o Research legal issues as needed
o Address complex matters with multiple stakeholders and legal and business considerations
o Assist in-house litigation lead counsel regarding disputes
· Provide legal support to other business lines and holding company as needed
· Support legal department operations
o Work collaboratively as a member of a legal and compliance team
o Assist with contract standardization processes
o Participate in development and enhancement of departmental processes, policies and procedures
· Minimum of 6 years of legal experience with at least 4 years preferably in commercial real estate lending, professional valuation services, banking, or related industry
· Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
· Extensive contract drafting and negotiation experience required
· Understanding of commercial and residential mortgage industries is required, with specific knowledge related to loan origination, servicing and securitization a plus
· Understanding of basic compliance programs in the banking industry and requirements
· Knowledge of intellectual property and software licenses and systems a plus
· Practical working experience in growing and developing company
· Business oriented approach to legal practice
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction
· Strong team collaboration and communications skills
· Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and fluid environment
· Required J.D. from an ABA accredited Law School
· Must be licensed to practice law in one of 50 states, preferably Iowa, Texas or Colorado
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify