Internship - Data Analytics - Des Moines, IA
Real Estate Research Corporation (RERC) is a national commercial real estate research, valuation, consulting, information technology, and fiduciary services firm. RERC’s internally developed valuation management system houses commercial real estate assets totaling more than $100 billion in value for several of the largest and most prominent pension funds and insurance companies in the U.S.
Data Analytics – Intern
RERC is accepting applications for a Data Analytics Intern in its West Des Moines, Iowa office. The ideal candidate would be interested in a data-intensive role, often doing in-depth research, modeling and interpreting results. Internship will provide candidate opportunities to gain experience by:
Doing meticulous research to aggregate data
Modeling and testing findings using a variety of statistical software
Applying statistical knowledge in areas such as regression analysis, transforming non-normal data sets, probability, etc.
Working with a data analytics team toward common goals
Maintaining and updating existing databases and reports
• Currently an undergraduate, pursuing a math-heavy (statistics, actuarial science, data science, engineering, etc.) degree
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under time constraints, self-motivated, hardworking, detail oriented
• Statistical modeling and interpretation skills (highly desired)
• Advanced knowledge of forecasting techniques and their strengths, limitations and usefulness based on output (highly desired)
• Ability to research and problem solve independently
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify