The Senior Application Developer role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain enterprise-level software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements for both internal and external customers. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing technical objects within the application in support of the business function. A Senior Developer will typically act as the primary developer on one or more projects at any given time. The Developer Team also provides support to Situs business lines as the acting administrators of the various systems that the department has developed..
· Prepare code to enable the development and/or modification of Applications based on customer/business needs
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
· Identify, recommend, and implement solutions to complex problems as directed by Development Leadership
· Complete testing and gather feedback to improve the quality and reduce operational risk of the developed Application
· Undertake post-release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles
· Review and modify existing Applications to correct errors, adapt to new software versions, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
· Gather requirements, create design documentation and perform impact analysis for Application changes for various projects
· Provide proper documentation of Applications per Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and PMM Requirements
· Collaborate with database administrators to design, develop and update databases as they relate to software programs and applications
· Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems within existing systems and applications
· Provide project leadership in the scoping, design and execution of systems for automation, compliance, and efficiency improvements to business functions
Skills and Experience
· 3+ years of experience in a role related to application &/or software development, or systems design
· 3+ years of experience with a variety of server-side and client side programming languages; experience developing applications in Microsoft Visual Studio preferred
· Ability to comprehend business needs and to translate said needs into technical specifications
· Demonstrated ability to apply Project Management principles
· Functional knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
· Hands-on experience within a Microsoft development environment, particularly utilizing .NET and SQL platforms
· Strong customer service orientation with the ability to effective communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).