Benefits Specialist – Human Resources - US (Non-exempt)
Our vision is to become the leading Trusted Advisor of the global real estate industry by setting a superior standard for effectiveness and integrity.
To achieve this, we need to attract, engage, manage and develop great talent. Therefore, we continue to invest in our Human Resources function to help support the business in hiring and deploying our staff.
Role Title: Benefits Specialist
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of company benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, HSA/PPO medical plans and 401(k) plan). Provide excellent customer service and quality benefits administration. Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs. This position reports to the Benefits Manager.
- Serve as primary contact for employees regarding benefit administration issues and assist employees in understanding their benefits package
- Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly
- Maintain an awareness of compliance with company policies as well as with state and federal regulations such as HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA and ERISA.
- Assist with annual plan audits, plan compliance, government filings (Form 5500) and testing
- Assists in finding and implementing solutions to complex and unique internal administrative procedures, process or system requirements
- Manage special projects pertaining to health and welfare administration and act as SME during Annual Enrollment and implementations
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with carriers and third party systems.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of client benefit files and records
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers
- Distribute materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions
- Coordinate benefit setup, deduction and compliance reporting issues with Human Resources, Payroll and Accounting.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans
- Coordinate annual renewal with all parties involved from start to finish
- Process in a timely manner; additions, terminations, changes, COBRA, 401(k) requests, 401(k) submissions, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 1 - 3 or years of related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required
- Proficient in understanding of benefits regulations, policies and procedures
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to remain focused in a demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative team skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS-Office and HRIS systems
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum High School/GED required
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify