Intern - IT Help Desk Support
The IT Intern will have an opportunity to learn and excel with Windows based systems in a comfortable, moderately paced environment. Will be required to provide first level support, generally over the phone, for problems involving saving, printing, passwords, logging-in to network/Outlook/Citrix/Microsoft Office, etc.
*This position will work 25 hours per week. This is an Internship.
To assist users on various hardware/software related issues and assisting the internal IT staff.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Respond to telephone calls, instant messages, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Document, track and monitor all problems to ensure a timely resolution and direct to correct support
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN
- Recommend and schedule repairs, via vendors or hands-on
- Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements
- Provide end users support for all LAN-based applications
- Assist with data recovery, using tape backup or recovery tools
- Perform manual/automatic backup’s as needed
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- Works independently on projects and also collaborates ‘face to face’ as a team player
- Other duties as assigned
Required Work experience requirements:
- A minimum of 6 months of HelpDesk experience required
- Preferred 1 year desktop hardware experience
- Prior Customer Service experience is a plus
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- General knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, networking, client\server interactions
- Working knowledge of PC Hardware
- Possess strong working knowledge of Windows printing functions
Required Education from an accredited institution:
High School degree
2 years of college preferred
Preferred Field of Study:
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify