· Review payroll register and pre-posting for deduction changes on special payments
· Work with Benefits Manager regarding 401(k) Plan level administration, annual audit, and 5500 filing
· Work with Benefits Manager regarding Workers Comp – payroll earnings audit
· Check status of log files in payroll from data feed
· Review employee updates in payroll and HR system
· Audit and submit 401(k) payroll contributions report after each pay cycle
· Work with Legal team regarding setting up new or closing accounts with agencies as needed (SIT, SUI, Locals)
· Process employment verifications, unemployment insurance claims, and state tax notices. As well, track and process all RIF agreements
· Work closely with Staff Accountants for payroll funding, benefit costs, etc.
· Annual NY Wage Theft Prevention Act compliance
· Make sure new hire tax statuses and any W-4 allowance changes are correctly processed
· Work on prior week adjustments for hours submitted late or not approved on time, overpayments, and underpayments. Also, calculate retro pay
· Work on garnishment related requests
· Execute payroll adjustments for pay rate changes, leaves of absence, PTO, and unpaid leave
· Assist employees with payroll and HR related questions or concerns
· Any system conversions
· 3 -5 years’ experience with payroll and HRIS systems. ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
· Experience with all components of payroll onboarding
· Knowledge of Federal and multi-state/local tax filing and reconciliation
· Organized and detail oriented
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the employees and organize and prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Payroll and legal compliance
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E- Verify