Analyst - Distressed Solutions
Analyst required to join our Distressed Solutions team in London. Excellent opportunity for an ambitious Analyst to gain excellent experience and professional development.
For more than 30 years, Situs has been a global leader in asset management, commercial real estate advisory and project consulting services. Since 1985 we have been involved with one trillion euros of Commercial Real Estate related transactions.
Our European team, based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid and Dublin provides due diligence, loan surveillance, loan workout, underwriting and consulting services.
As an Analyst within the Distressed Solutions and an integral member of the team, you will be expected to:
· Perform servicing duties of a portfolio of NPL loans (including loan servicing system input and maintenance as well as the provision of accurate and timely financial accounting data on the loans concerned).
• Assist in preparing Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports for the Clients
• Be responsible for the Cash Management.
- Work closely with Asset Managers responsible for the loan workout and provide the loan servicing support they need to do their job.
- Prepare interest statements and settlement figures on demand.
- Cash Management and weekly reconciliation.
- Identify and investigate any unusual fluctuations in balances with the appropriate Asset Manager.
- Monitor and follow up on or late payments and establish how these are to be recorded via the Asset Manager.
- Provide cover and support as required to the payments side.
- Read loan documentation, SWAP and Hedging documentation and extract working details in order for Loan Boarding accurately.
- Manage existing loans on loan servicing system(s) and on Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in ensuring that all loan servicing records are kept up to date.
- Prepare client and other NPL reports as required, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- Ensure all relevant loan data is loaded in a timely manner and high quality service is provided to clients and borrowers, including accurate fee billing.
- Assist when required in preparing client fee billing and check any significant changes in fee amounts from the previous month.
- Excellent written and communication skills including the ability to quickly establish and develop good working relationships with investors and lenders (as Clients), property companies (as Borrowers), Lawyers, Service Providers, Industry Bodies etc
- Review and assist in the completion of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports to clients and the updating of databases.
- Strong computer skills (Windows and Excel).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively and have the ability to think analytically and rationally.
- Some documents are in French or other European languages – the ability to read these would be an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of NPL Servicing (optional).
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.