Assistant Vice President - Loan Advisory
For more than 30 years, Situs has been a global leader in asset management, commercial real estate advisory and project consulting services. Since 1985 we have been involved with one trillion euros of Commercial Real Estate related transactions.
Our European team, based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid and Dublin provides due diligence, loan surveillance, loan workout, underwriting and consulting services.
As an Assistant Vice President within Loan Advisory and an integral member of the team, you will be expected to have the ability to underwrite real estate assets and loans along with a solid understanding of how debt can be originated and structured.
The ideal candidate will be expected to assist in the on-going management of any won NPL mandates alongside tracking any equity commitments/co-invests.
- Leading underwriting projects (real estate, non-performing loan and performing loan) and be the primary point of contact with clients during projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of NPL acquisition underwriting including due diligence of non-performing loan portfolios, site inspections, cash flow modelling, workout strategies and asset level business plans, as well as the transition and special servicing of mandates.
- Underwriting and workout of non-performing loans in multiple jurisdictions across Europe and across various types of structure.
- When not on projects, the candidate is expected to assist the team in various functions:
a. Work closely with Asset Managers responsible for the loans in Special Servicing and provide the loan servicing support for underwriting and workout.b. Review and assist in the completion of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports to clients and the updating of databases.c. Cash Management and weekly reconciliation.d. Prepare claims, interest statements and settlement figures on demand.
- Prepare presentations for clients and new business opportunities.
It is essential for this role that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Experience of full property-level underwriting from the tenant upwards is essential.
- Experience within the real estate finance sector including CMBS and NPLs and in commercial real estate valuation. Understanding of CRE loan documentation.
- Ability to demonstrate strong market and technical knowledge with very good analytical skills.
- Exposure to distressed debt workouts and NPL Servicing, ideally in a bank or servicing platform, would be a plus.
- Team player, flexible and can adapt quickly to new tasks/projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills including the ability to quickly establish and develop good working relationships with investors and lenders (as Clients), property companies (as Borrowers), Lawyers, Service Providers, Industry Bodies etc
- A confident presenter as the role requires a significant amount of attending roll-up meetings with clients.
- Previous experience of providing value add assistance on pitches for new business with alternatives clients.
- Advanced proficiency within Microsoft office. Solid modelling skills in Excel are required.
- Some documents are in other European languages – the ability to read these would be an advantage but not essential.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- Post-graduate in Finance/Real Estate Finance/Accounting (desirable but not essential)
- MRICS qualified would be an advantage.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.