For more than 30 years, Situs has been a global leader in asset management, commercial real estate advisory and project consulting services. Since 1985 we have been involved with one trillion+ euros of Commercial Real Estate related transactions.
Our European team, based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid and Dublin provides due diligence, loan surveillance, loan workout, underwriting and consulting services.
The successful candidate will assist the compliance team to ensure operations for Situs entities in Europe are conducted in adherence with regulatory, contractual and internal policies requirements, including:
- Ensuring tasks and activities are carried out in accordance with correct records and completed within the proper timeframes;
- Suggesting areas of improvement for activities, issues, and training requirements;
- Outlining procedural enhancements and requirements for policy adherence; and
- Auditing business compliance with Policies & Procedures and Business Workflows.
- Participate in the documentation retention definition and enforcement over physical and electronic files.
- Take an active role in completing the GDRP compliance of the Situs Group.
- Ensure the review and timely roll-out of Compliance policies.
- Assist in coordination with US counterparts the completion of the Vendor Management program.
- Work with the Operational Risk Management Department to review business lines policies and procedures.
- Help Irish compliance team member in the credit servicing business transition.
· With the assistance of the Operational Risk Management Department, monitor activities to ensure company compliance with various policies and procedures.
· Perform on-going AML and KYC checks.
· Ensure registrations (e.g. data protection) are up-to-date.
· Monitor potential conflicts of interest within the Division to ensure appropriate Chinese Walls are in place and being observed.
· Control the maintenance of insider list as required.
· Participate in the drafting and review of the appropriate Compliance Handbook and policies and procedures.
· Serve as central repository for original documentation to be archived off-site, update Doc Tracker with all relevant documents and ensure executed documents are properly filed on our electronic network.
· Assist in the loan/asset level reviews of compliance with Servicing Agreements, asset management, notification and documentation requirements.
· Assist in the Credit/Advisory Committee Review processes to ensure decisions are being made in adherence with the transaction documentation (seeking internal or external legal advice on any points of interpretation). This aspect may entail, inter alia, 1) review/comment on some credit papers; and 2) participate in the respective Committee meetings.
It is essential for this role that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
· Excellent oral / written communication skills
· Strong analytical review skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
· Understanding of loan documentation.
· Degree in Law preferred
· Experience in a Compliance/Audit role within the financial services sector.
· Prior experience in the Commercial Real Estate market desirable but not essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.