This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of all Situs IT Infrastructure servers including associated hardware and software. There is a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and the IT Systems Engineer will be expected to provide reliable service to customers and end-users with minimal downtime.
- Responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of the Situs Server infrastructure including but not limited to Virtualization, Hyper Converged and traditional multi-tiered infrastructure, Backup Systems, Email journaling/DLP/spam, various Windows technologies, administration and monitoring software suites
- Perform administration to include install, upgrades, configuration, tuning, patch mgmt., backup, alert response and monitoring
- Collaborate with the IT security team to ensure implemented solutions meet security standards
- Provide management with weekly agreed on operational KPI reports on responsible systems
- Performs diagnostics and monitoring for responsible systems with emphasis on root cause and prevention
- Interacts with our user base on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations providing support for responsible systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents escalated to infrastructure team promptly.
- Authors and maintains documentation for related processes, procedures and system events
- Manage and perform hardware maintenance on various systems (servers, disk arrays, etc.) following standard operating procedures.
- Successfully deliver project related tasks meeting timelines and objectives.
- Maintains systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities while keeping stakeholders abreast of progress and expected completion dates for all assignments.
- High sense of ownership of the environment with a customer service mindset
- Design, implementation and administration experiences in the following technologies: Windows; Windows Operating Systems; Remote Desktop Services/Citrix, Exchange and Active Directory, DFS/File Systems, ADFS and others. Virtualization; VMware, Nutanix AHV and Hyper V. Enterprise Systems; Hyperconverged Nutanix, Cisco UCS, EMC VNX storage systems. Backup Systems; Veeam, ReadyNAS, Nexan. System Admin/Monitoring Tools: Manage Engine (MDM, Desktop Central etc) and Solarwind (SAM, WPM, NPM, NTA) Suite;
- Experience architecting high availability environments.
- Experience with providing operational reports based on availability, performance and capacity metric reports
- Nutanix Hyper Converged Infrastructure experience
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Ability to analyze and solve both common and complex IT problems through reasoning, troubleshooting, and innovative thinking. Knowledge of tools for troubleshooting and monitoring of platform performance, including tool selection, design, and implementation for automated monitoring of platform equipment and advanced troubleshooting of applications. Ability to troubleshoot applications by capturing and analyzing events with pertinent tools is required.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in Information Technology preferred
- ITIL and related industry certifications are desirable
For more than 30 years, Situs has been a global leader in asset management, commercial real estate advisory and project consulting services. Since 1985 we have been involved with one trillion+ euros of Commercial Real Estate related transactions.
Our European team, based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid and Dublin provides due diligence, loan servicing, loan surveillance, loan workout, underwriting and valuation management services.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.