Analyst - CRE Originations Underwriting
Our client’s Commercial Real Estate Group provides financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring commercial real estate assets across the Americas and Europe. Property types include hotel and lodging, industrial, manufactured housing, multifamily office and retail.
Since 2010 they have consistently been ranked No.1 in the global and US CMBS bookrunners league tables. They have also ranked No.1 in the global lead and co-managers and bookrunner of real estate CDOs and re-securitizations categories for several years.
Our partnership with this client covers multiple service offerings and also includes supporting them in attracting and securing high caliber talent. This role will be a full time Situs / Hanover Street Capital role located on site at our Client.
About the role
The candidate will work on a wide range of CMBS and Balance Sheet financing transactions, working directly with senior members of the team in a flat organization structure. Work responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical support in the underwriting and closing of CMBS and Balance Sheet commercial real estate loans
- Review financial operating statements, rent rolls, third party reports, tenant lease agreements, surveys, title reports, zoning reports, property insurance policies, credit reports, and other underwriting due diligence requirements
- Prepare analysis and narratives supporting credit memos including cash flow, risks and strengths, borrower / sponsor, and market analyses
- Perform site inspections, determine appropriate market comparables for property valuation and asset summary report, and complete tenant analyses
- Interact with securitization team to facilitate loan securitization process
To be successful you will need:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, and credit and risk management policies
- Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, hotel, multifamily) and their different investment characteristics and an ability to see the "big picture" in commercial real estate and capital markets finance transactions
- Advanced working knowledge of underwriting and valuation models
- Proficiency in Argus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and organization skills
- Ability to interact with clients in managing deadlines on deliverables and building strong working relationships
- A desire to works independently on projects and also collaborate as a team player
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.