Analyst - Commercial Real Estate Banking
Our client’s Commercial Real Estate Group provides financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring commercial real estate assets across the Americas and Europe. Property types include hotel and lodging, industrial, manufactured housing, multifamily office and retail.
Since 2010 they have consistently been ranked among the Top 5 for Global and US CMBS bookrunner league tables. They have also ranked among the Top in the Global Lead and Co-Managers and Bookrunner of real estate CDOs and re-securitizations categories for several years.
The Los Angeles CRE office originates fixed and floating rate loans on hotel & lodging, multifamily, office, retail, warehouse/industrial and non-traditional property types across the western United States.
The CRE Banking Analyst position will be hired through Situs and working on-site at our client. Our partnership with our client spans several years.
This position will support multiple deal teams comprised of senior management as well as VP/Associates as they analyze potential debt origination opportunities and complete due diligence in connection with the financing of properties across all product types. Scope of work will include underwriting, market research, due diligence, obtaining credit committee approvals, and preparing materials for the securitization process.
- Underwrite senior debt financing for properties across all product types per the Bank’s and Rating Agency standards.
- Collect and analyze property level due diligence, including but not limited to appraisals, budgets, historical operating statements, borrower and tenant financials, property condition reports, environmental reports, and operating statements.
- Review leases, estoppels, SNDAs, loan agreements, and other legal documents.
- Prepare memorandums for internal credit committee approval and asset summaries to share with rating agencies and CMBS bond buyers.
- Gather market information through research publications, market calls, and site tours.
- Assist deal team by tracking progress of deals as they move through the underwriting and closing process.
At this time, Situs does not sponsor any new applicants for work authorization. You must be authorized to work in the United States for continuous employment without any Company sponsorship to be considered.
- Knowledge of real estate finance and comfort in analyzing both property and company level financial statements, and have prior work experience or internships in commercial real estate lending, acquisitions, capital markets or advisory
- Self-motivated and have the desire to learn and grow
- Strong attention to detail and be organized
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Team player with ability to work on an individual basis
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify