Banking Analytics, Core Deposits - MountainView - Los Angeles
We are seeking a Banking Analytics Manager to join our Core Deposit team at MountainView Financial Solutions, a wholly-owned Situs company. In this role, you will interface with clients and manage their deposit analytics and forecasting. You will be involved in looking at calculations that forecast interest revenue and cost of funds to derive net interest income required by ALCO, as well as other analytics around banking deposit products such as savings, money market and checking.
You will work in an entrepreneurial environment and join a collaborative team dedicated to providing meaningful analytics and exceptional client service. Depending on where you are located, you will have the option to work in one of our corporate locations or remotely from your home / executive office space.
- Interface with clients in the delivery of analytics from receipt of client data through final deliverable; this includes data analysis/review, forecast analysis, report preparation, report review, delivery and support
- Extract and communicate – both verbally and in report-form – meaningful insights from the analytics to clients
- Manage client deposit analytics back test and update projects
- Perform quarterly early alert projects deposit analysis projects
- Assume all ASC 825 Fair Value reporting-related valuation projects from data receipt through final report preparation
- Act as the point-person for client inquiries regarding deposit analytics
- Become familiar with the department processes (database tools, analysis guidelines, report templates and client management).
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 years of experience who possess proven analytical skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, who will thrive in an environment where they will engage daily with clients on analytical topics around deposit forecasting & analytics. Depending on the candidate’s level of experience, we would consider titles that range from Analyst to Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree related to the following area are preferred: finance, economics, mathematics, statistics
- 3+ years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience to include Asset Liability Management (ALM, bank balance sheet), Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP), Treasury Management, Liquidity, Risk Management and/or Financial Modeling (regression, forecasting, and/or credit)
- Experience with SQL database queries is a plus
- Proficient in reporting tools
- Enjoys an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of financial organizations and interact at all levels of sophistication
ABOUT MOUNTAINVIEW FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
MountainView Financial Solutions (www.mviewfs.com), a leading advisor to the financial services industry, delivers rigorous and objective analysis, data-driven insights and client-centric services that help business leaders Climb Higher™ by better identifying, quantifying and managing credit and interest rate risk exposure and optimizing balance sheet management. Fueled by deep industry knowledge and unparalleled access to valuable market and industry data, MountainView delivers a more holistic view of risk and opportunity that enables clients to make informed and confident decisions.
Specific services the company offers include financial model validations, asset valuations for residential whole loans, consumer loans, residential mortgage servicing rights (MSR) and asset-backed securities, MSR hedge advisory, core deposit analyses, stress testing, and asset sale transaction advisory.
Built upon nearly three decades of risk management experience, MountainView currently serves more than 600 active clients in banking, insurance, lending, servicing and secondary market and securitization.
Situs is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate and finance industries. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S., Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; and Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe in 2016. Situs’ acquisition in 2017 of The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance, expanded Situs’ offer in the residential market, and was bolstered by the 2018 acquisition of MountainView Financial Solutions, an industry-leading valuation and risk analytics solutions provider for the financial services sector.
Situs is a rated primary and special servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify