Construction Loan Asset Manager
Our client, Citi Community Capital (“CCC”), is the community lending and investing arm of Citi. It is housed in the Municipal Securities Division of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. Unique among its peers, CCC provides a comprehensive array of financial products, from investment banking to lending and equity investment, designed to create strong communities and contribute toward Citi’s Community Reinvestment Act performance.
Committed to the communities we serve, CCC finances both straightforward and highly structured transactions for non-profit and for-profit developers, Community Development Financial Institutions, and state and local government agencies.
Our financings may employ a combination of taxable and tax-exempt loans or bonds; Low Income, Historic or New Markets Tax Credits; and government and private subsidies. CCC can provide capital directly or as an intermediary. We are a construction lender and a permanent lender, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage banker, and principal in unique equity investments – all designed to improve neighborhoods, create jobs, or improve the health care services or educational opportunities available to the communities we serve.
The projects we finance serve special needs populations including our nation’s homeless population, seniors and those with disabilities, as well as low income families and individuals. We are the leading investment banker, lender or equity provider in many of the areas in which we participate, and are generally acknowledged to be among the most creative and innovative firms in the industry.
We work throughout the country from 13 offices and have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in each of the past seven years as reported by Affordable Housing Finance magazine. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country. Our work doesn’t just stop when we originate, structure and close a transaction; we have full underwriting, asset management and support groups that analyze and manage our transactions from closing through construction and during the life of the asset or program we’ve financed. Portfolio, risk management and finance professionals ensure that our activities remain within our economic and risk thresholds. With Citi’s capital committing capability and team of experienced professionals, we are able to provide financing solutions that are specifically designed to meet each client’s needs.
CCC is looking to add an experienced professional to join the its Asset management team focused on the construction loan management
- Review, analyze and manage previously closed and new construction loan closings for affordable multifamily developments throughout the United States.
- Responsible for confirming the overall sources and uses for new and rehab construction from closing through conversion.
- Analyze the availability of the flow of funds during construction as it relates to the construction timeline and anticipated construction draws.
- Analyze complex capital stacks sources for a project including the nuances of the restrictions and requirements for funding the project costs.
- Familiarity with affordable housing projects and the typical debt and equity parties involved in affordable transactions.
- Review ongoing monthly construction draws.
- Manage and track the progress of lease up and NOI results.
- Prepare and present credit recommendations related to loan extensions and modifications for the construction loans.
- Externally interact with borrowers, syndicators, legal counsel, and other transaction parties.
- Internally interact with the bankers, underwriters, credit and engineering risk and loan administrators.
- Contribute to increased loan closings, information flow between departments and management of risks for the CCC investments and construction loan portfolios.
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must work well under tight deadlines relating to construction draws and maturing loans.
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS in Finance or Real Estate
- Candidate is required to have at least 5 years construction loan management or underwriting experience, preferably in the affordable housing industry.
- Candidate has quantitative skills with a high proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft based programs.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.