Asset Manager - REO (temporary)
We are looking to add a consultant to the Real Estate Asset Management team of our client, a leading commercial mortgage REIT. The candidate will focus on overseeing a portfolio of REO assets located across the United States. This role is initially being structured as a 3 month contract with the potential it could extend longer.
Location: Miami Beach, FL or Atlanta, GA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the operations and financial performance of assets designated as Real Estate Owned (“REO”) within an assigned portfolio.
- Establishing investment strategies and developing an action plan for the individual asset that mirrors the investment strategy.
- Establish operational guidelines and measurable performance goals.
- Contracting with management/leasing companies and other parties necessary to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Coordinating with other areas of the organization to facilitate the highest possible level of performance by the Asset.
- Prepare annual business plans and quarterly loss projections for each REO asset.
- Participate in the underwriting process for new acquisitions including review of all pertinent property information such as Phase I Environmental, Appraisal and Engineering reports, loan files, borrower documentation and site inspections.
- Responsible for the marketing and selling of all REO assets within an assigned portfolio, including determining an appropriate marketing strategy, identifying potential buyers, creating marketing packages, negotiation with brokers/buyers, educating brokers on specific real estate properties, reviewing marketing proposals from each potential broker, analyzing sales options and closing deals
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess diverse knowledge of all aspects of the real estate business including leasing, property/facilities management, asset management, construction, development and sales.
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and real estate industry software (Argus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Analytical and problems solving; leadership; planning and organizing; and customer service skills
- Independent reasoning and specialized proficiency with limited supervision are a must
- Ability to travel when required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in real estate or finance preferred.
- Graduate degree in real estate or finance preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with regional or national real estate firm
- CPA, CPM, RPA, CCIM preferred