Analyst/Associate - CMBS Conduit Loan Originations
We are looking for a Sr Analyst/Associate level underwriter to join the CMBS originations underwriting team of our client, a large US multinational bank which is consistently ranked among the top of the CMBS league tables. This role will be located in New York City and supporting deals outside the region.
In this role, you will be supporting origination of CMBS conduit loans and taking deals end to end. You will be responsible for reviewing offering memorandums, screening and sizing deals, structuring and completing full underwriting and due diligence. You will work among a collaborative team of bright, accomplished, well-rounded professionals.
This is a full-time role which will be hired through Situs and working on-site at our client.
- Evaluate loan opportunities across all commercial real estate property types, including preparing financial models and detailed underwritings
- Perform all aspects of the due diligence process for prospective loans, including analyzing property and portfolio-level data, undertaking in-depth market research, and reviewing third party reports including appraisals, property condition assessments and environmental condition reports.
- Perform site inspections on prospective financing collateral.
- Prepare credit memorandums for various loan committees, rating agencies and securitization.
- Participate in the loan closing process, including review of legal loan documents and coordination of the closing with lender's and borrower’s counsel, and in-house closing coordinator.
- Interact closely with securitization and capital markets colleagues in connection with the execution of CMBS and syndicated balance sheet transactions.
Desired Skills & Experience
At this time, Situs does not sponsor any new applicants for work authorization. You must be authorized to work in the United States for continuous employment without any Company sponsorship to be considered.
- Ideally 2-3 years of relevant commercial real estate finance or CMBS experience, preferably underwriting loans
- A bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent Excel and cash flow modeling skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work closely with fellow team members in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify