Analyst - CRE High Yield Debt and Equity Asset Management
We are seeking an Asset Management Analyst to be fully dedicated to our client, a New York City-based real estate high yield debt fund with assets under management in the several $Billions. Our client focuses on opportunistic turnaround deals across asset classes and across the country.
In this role, you will sit on-site at our client and work among their team. You will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with asset management of investments which include complex commercial real estate stretch senior mortgages, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity and some equity. You will initially be tasked with various analytical tasks including hold/sell analysis, projections on deals, valuations, and over the course of time could potentially gain responsibility for certain investments in the portfolio, and be exposed to refinancings, sales processes and managing business plans of the investments.
- Assist in the execution of business plans of portfolio investments by monitoring performance and driving results
- Assist Client Service team with investor reporting and ad hoc requests for fund LP’s on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Analyze loan draw and funding requests
- Maintain and analyze deal level models and valuations
- Provide support in the formulation of strategies for existing and new positions, which may require a dialogue with market participants, generating borrower/asset/market-level analyses, and financial modeling of various scenarios/outcomes
- Develop a working knowledge of legal documentation and knowledge of lenders’ rights and remedies on loan transactions as well as joint venture, management and leasing agreements on equity transactions
- Maintain and improve existing database
- Participate in the disposition and/or restructure process and assist with due diligence through closing
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, real estate, or related degree is preferred
- Team-oriented attitude with a genuine interest in commercial real estate
- Familiarity with, and ability to interpret and understand, complex debt structures and cash flow waterfalls
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision, adhere to firm deadlines, and handle multiple tasks/demands
- Strong quantitative background; effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Technologically savvy; fluency in Excel is required. Proficiency in ARGUS software preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify