Analyst - CRE Portfolio Reporting & Analytics
Hanover Street Capital, LLC (AKA “Hanover Street”), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Situs Group, the established leader in providing world class advisory, finance and investment solutions to the global real estate industry. Hanover Street operates as a fully dedicated platform servicing Deutsche Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group, where we provide our Client a comprehensive suite of services across commercial real estate debt and equity transactions. Please find us at http://hanoverstreetcapital.com
The Analyst will support the Portfolio Analytics and Reporting team, which is responsible for reporting on historical & projected asset performance. Assets include originated or acquired real estate debt investments, including single assets and non-performing loan pools.
Support Portfolio Management team in delivering reports on historical & projected portfolio performance to the Client in an accurate, timely and high quality fashion. This will involve working closely with Asset Management and Servicing teams.
· Act as a liaison between Portfolio Management, Asset Management, and Servicing to ensure sharing of information and accuracy of reports
· Assist in modeling of new assets in loan performance models that report historical and projected cash and P&L. This may involve making customizations of template based on negotiated loan terms, and coordination with underwriters, Servicing, and Asset Management.
· Support stress testing, modelling and data management for regulatory reporting requirements related to the Portfolio
· Maintain certain portions of loan performance models, including reconciling historical cash flows with Servicing and tracking historical profits, on a monthly basis
· Assist in management of Servicer Collection Reports for US NPL portfolio, including sending templates to Servicing monthly and preparing for upload upon receipt
· Respond to ad hoc requests from the Client which may involve creating queries from Access database or custom spreadsheets and presentations
Skills & Experience
· 1-3 years experience with a focus on financial analysis, performance measurement, and/or real estate finance
· Experience developing models and associated reports relating to a Commercial Real Estate loan portfolio
· Strong analytical and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Excel and preferably Access / SQL Server. Must be able to work efficiently with large datasets to process and present results as requested
· Good understanding of financial concepts and performance metrics
· Must adhere to processes and procedures but suggest and implement improvements if deficiencies found
· Creative problem solving capabilities, often creating solutions rather than following predefined steps
· Strong business writing and presentations skills, with ability to interact with clients via phone or in person
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
· Ability to approach work from a “transaction” basis versus “task” basis.
· Ability to work in a team environment, yet, to think independently and generate quality work product with little supervision
· Attention to detail is a must
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify