Asset Management Analyst
The CRE Debt Team of our client,a leading investment management and research firm, is seeking a bright and highly motivated commercial real estate professional to join the Asset Management group of its rapidly growing investment platform. The professional will be directly hired by the client.
The New York based CRE Debt Team successfully raised its first investment fund in 2013 and closed its second fund in 2016, which exceeded $2.0 billion on a combined basis. The team has substantially invested these investment funds and is nearing close of its third fund, which is expected to exceed $2.5 billion. The funds invest in transitional first mortgage loans secured by all major property types in primary and secondary CBDs. The candidate will have an outstanding opportunity to develop a broad range of financial, credit, real estate underwriting, analytical, marketing, and presentation skills.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to the following):
- Supporting senior members of the team in completing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks related to asset management and investor reporting;
- Maintaining the master ledger alongside treasury/ accounting department to ensure accuracy and timely reconciliation of all cash transactions;
- Maintaining the master portfolio summary, and assisting in preparation of other recurring summaries include loan allocations, ratings, and cash forecasts;
- Handling onboarding, post-closing, extension and payoff procedures in coordination with loan servicer and legal counsel;
- Completing internal and external reports, including quarterly investor reports, loan asset summary reports and risk assessments;
- Reviewing and tracking deliverables, including property financial statements, budgets and key milestones;
- Assisting with review and processing of loan modifications, loan fundings, and reserve disbursements;
- Interacting professionally with internal departments/ personnel and externally with investors, borrowers and service providers, including diligent management and coordination of tasks with loan servicer and construction monitoring vendors;
- Assisting with originations, investor relations and other departments with special projects and assignments as they may arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Two to four years’ experience in commercial real estate finance, brokerage, or investment banking, asset management and/ or loan servicing experience a plus but not required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; internal and external;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft (Excel, Powerpoint); VBA a plus but not required;
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience with CRE Research/Modeling tools a plus: Argus, CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, etc.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.