Assistant Vice President, Real Estate - Credit Risk Officer
Our client, Citi Community Capital (“CCC”), is the community lending and investing arm of Citi. It is housed in the Municipal Securities Division of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. Unique among its peers, CCC provides a comprehensive array of financial products, from investment banking to lending and equity investment, designed to create strong communities and contribute toward Citi’s Community Reinvestment Act performance.
Committed to the communities we serve, CCC finances both straightforward and highly structured transactions for non-profit and for-profit developers, Community Development Financial Institutions, and state and local government agencies.
Our financings may employ a combination of taxable and tax-exempt loans or bonds; Low Income, Historic or New Markets Tax Credits; and government and private subsidies. CCC can provide capital directly or as an intermediary. We are a construction lender and a permanent lender, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage banker, and principal in unique equity investments – all designed to improve neighborhoods, create jobs, or improve the health care services or educational opportunities available to the communities we serve.
The projects we finance serve special needs populations including our nation’s homeless population, seniors and those with disabilities, as well as low income families and individuals. We are the leading investment banker, lender or equity provider in many of the areas in which we participate, and are generally acknowledged to be among the most creative and innovative firms in the industry.
We work throughout the country from 13 offices and have been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States in each of the past seven years as reported by Affordable Housing Finance magazine. That success is due in large part to having the strongest, most innovative team of professionals in the country. Our work doesn’t just stop when we originate, structure and close a transaction; we have full underwriting, asset management and support groups that analyze and manage our transactions from closing through construction and during the life of the asset or program we’ve financed. Portfolio, risk management and finance professionals ensure that our activities remain within our economic and risk thresholds. With Citi’s capital committing capability and team of experienced professionals, we are able to provide financing solutions that are specifically designed to meet each client’s needs.
CCC is looking to add a Credit Risk Officer at the Vice President level; the professional will be responsible for and possess the following qualifications:
The Risk Team is responsible for approving, managing and reporting the loans and bonds that finance affordable multifamily housing and other commercial real estate. This position requires a keen interest in both real estate and capital markets as well as affordable housing and community development. Additionally, the candidate should possess strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate reviews and reports both in writing and in oral presentations.
Specific requirements include the following:
• Analyze and identify risks on new transactions, conveying decisions on structure and risk rating
• Prepare annual and periodic risk reviews of clients and assist in the documentation and closing of clients’ financing agreements
• Monitor and review exposures related to a portfolio of structured loans and debt securities while ensuring compliance with credit and equity policies
• Participate in customer calls, attend bank/customer/site meetings and assist in the development and implementation of appropriate client account strategies.
• Assist in the remedial management of obligors/relationships with emphasis on optimizing the recovery and proper documentation (reviewing legal docs, preparing classified credit reports, participating in classified reviews, etc.)
• Assist in the preparation of portfolio reviews, product programs, portfolio stress tests and other risk reporting tasks
• BA/BS Required; Coursework in real estate a plus
• Strong computer, analytical and quantitative skills with ability to perform credit analysis on complex transactions
• Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn new products and programs
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.