Associate - CMBS Large Loan Underwriting
We are looking for a Sr Analyst to Associate level underwriter to join the CMBS Large Loan team in the New York City office of our client, which is among the largest US multinational banks and consistently ranked among the top of the CMBS league tables.
In this role, you will be supporting the Large Loan team in taking deals end to end. You will be responsible for reviewing offering memorandums, screening and sizing deals, structuring and completing full underwriting and due diligence. You will work among a collaborative team of bright, accomplished, well-rounded professionals.
This role is being structured with an initial commitment through the end of the year, and the potential to continue longer.
- Prepare sizing cashflow and, estimated capital stacks for pricing and quoting large loans and for purposes of preliminary credit approval
- Recommend structural loan features to enhance credit and mitigate risk
- Prepare all necessary components of the credit package, including due diligence material, credit memo/Asset Summary Report and underwriting
- Complete detailed market analysis, including broker interviews and discussions with property management and ownership
- Analyze detailed property financial information
- Create and/or review existing Argus cash flow models; edit assumptions based on actual market data collections and financial review information
- Review third party reports (appraisal, engineering, environmental, etc.), and identify key issues that warrant further investigation and/or revision
- Participate in presentations and discussions with clients, mortgage brokers, loan syndication partners, rating agencies, B buyers and mezz lenders regarding loan structure, sponsorship, legal, property, market, pricing and underwriting issues
- Assist Capital Markets team to ensure the successful execution/exit of loans, including coordination with rating agencies, investors and securitization functions
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years' experience in commercial real estate debt underwriting, ideally with a focus on large loans and knowledge of CMBS
- Strong quantitative, analytical and underwriting skills with strong proficiency in Argus, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Determination and commitment to task completion
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.