CRE Loan Compliance Associate - Hanover Street Capital
Hanover Street Capital, LLC (AKA “Hanover Street”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Situs Group, is a commercial real estate platform dedicated to support Deutsche Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group. We provide a comprehensive suite of world class finance and investment solutions across primarily commercial real estate debt transactions.
Position would be a direct report to the VP of Compliance and have responsibilities including routine reporting reviews, database regulatory and compliance updates, asset management alignment, process improvement.
· Interpret legal documents from newly closed and existing loan portfolio to identify reporting requirements by Borrower, Guarantor, Sponsor or any other Obligor
· Support Asset Management team to communicate reporting requirements to Obligors, track documents received, update Access database as needed
· Work with VP-Compliance to conduct random reviews of “closed” covenants to ensure full reporting received and compliant
· Maintain routine contact and engagement with HSC Portfolio Management team to ensure database accuracy and efficiency
· Support VP-Compliance with weekly ARK covenant past due reporting – download Excel export, populate ongoing file and generate charts. Prepare additional reporting/data manipulation as requested
· Run OFAC and FinCen Obligor checks using HSC database (as needed); Report results to VP – Compliance
· Upload FinCen files to Regulatory Data Corporation database upon receipt
· Perform Regulatory Data Corporation data requests as requested
· Update ARK database with AM and/or LA changes, missing data points
· Assist VP –Compliance with policy and procedure drafting and implementation.
· Support AM with outstanding reporting reviews, communicate gaps as needed to AM and VP-Compliance
· Perform ad hoc analysis for AM team, Business Analysts, Compliance, DB Client requests
· 3- 5 years Financial Services experience in a legal, loan review or compliance related role
· Experience reviewing and interpreting contracts and loan documents
· Experience of Commercial Real Estate terminology and concepts is advantageous
· Advanced MS Office suite including Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
· Strong attention to detail, particularly when working with data
· Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
· Presentation skills, particularly in PowerPoint
· Positive, professional attitude
· Flexible with an ability to work on different tasks at once
· An interest and willingness to learn about regulatory and compliance issues in the Banking sector
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify