Closing Coordinator / Paralegal
We are looking for a Closing Coordinator / Paralegal to join the CMBS Closing team of our client, which is among the largest US multinational banks and consistently ranked among the top of the CMBS league tables.
In this role, you will support Senior Loan Closers across the full lifecycle of commercial real estate deal closings for CMBS loans, as well as be responsible for compliance requirements related KYC. You will play a significant part in completing closing statements, setting up reserves, coordinating with the custodian, servicers and operations, and setting up facilities on our client’s systems.
- Monitor the transaction pipeline and follow up with appropriate parties in order to ensure due diligence checklist is complete, closing date is on-track and KYC records are created and approved on a timely basis
- Coordinate new deal closings
- Work closely with Underwriting, Custodian, Trustee and Servicer and other teams throughout the closing and approval process
- Organize internal team meetings to discuss timeline, funds flow, and other items related to the deal
- Prepare closing statements, including income and expense proration schedules
- Work with the Origination and Senior Attorneys on the team to determine legal entities within the transaction structure that require entry into client’s internal systems and/or constitute an Anti-Money Laundering AML (AML) relationship.
- Gather relevant information and documentation from various sources, including public databases, the Origination team, and the client, to ensure that Know Your Customer (KYC) records are completed completely and accurately
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS.
- 3+ years experience as a real estate paralegal, closing coordinator, loan administrator or similar at a bank or title company
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work among a diverse team and be a supportive and collaborative colleague
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines
- Skills in structuring and planning work, and proactively manage tasks through ebbs and flows in workload
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and accuracy skills
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify