Consultant Underwriter - CRE High Yield Bridge Loans
Our Client is a non-bank specialty finance lender offering financing on stabilized and transitional commercial real estate properties nationwide. Their experienced team brings together their products, flexibility, common sense real estate approach and innovation to provide efficient and exceptional service to their clients which include owners, investors, mortgage brokers and bankers, commercial real estate brokers and other lenders. Each borrower and every project is unique. They bring multiple products to the table spanning bridge to permanent financing to provide tailored lending solutions to their borrowers and sponsors.
Our client is seeking a commercial real estate underwriter to be fully dedicated to them for their balance sheet lending team. The balance sheet lending group provides bridge financing on transitional properties in tertiary markets across the US. Loans are highly structured and typically range from $10-50M.
In this role you will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with underwriting and structuring complex commercial real estate transitional loans which are highly structured. You will support senior underwriters and take loans from underwriting to closing.
This role is being structured as an initial consulting position with potential conversion to a full time hire by the client.
You will work on a wide range of financing transactions working directly with senior members of the team in a flat organization structure. Work responsibilities include:
- Real estate valuation analysis
- Excel modeling
- Real estate loan underwriting
- Preparation of presentations and memoranda evaluating investment merits and risks, market dynamics, and projected investment returns
- Transaction execution, including negotiation of loan documentation
- Market research
We seek candidates who are interested in real estate, highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of CRE high yield debt or equity underwriting experience
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures
- Advanced experience with Excel, Argus, Co-Star is ideal
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Perseverance, stamina, and a self-starter
- Interest / ability to work in a role that is temporary to potentially permanent in nature
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify