Engineering/Environmental Review Manager
We are looking for an Engineering/Environmental Manager to support the Commercial Real Estate finance team of our client (the “Bank”), which is among the largest US multinational banks and consistently ranked among the top of the CMBS league tables.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the originations and underwriting teams in the origination of commercial real estate finance loans, primarily CMBS and large loans. You will be responsible for engaging third party vendors and oversee the review of environmental, engineering and seismic reports, ensuring they are sufficient and in compliance with industry/bank standards and meets all the required representations and warranties. You will summarize findings in Asset Summary Reports that are included as part of the loan due diligence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with commercial backed securities and the fundamentals of banking
- Understanding of remedial engineering/design for environmental and engineering issues
- Knowledge of ASTM, OSHA, DEP, EPA regulatory compliance policies and procedures
- A minimum of five years experience in environmental or engineering consulting
- Maintain integrity and independence throughout the process in order to assure impartiality and pool performance.
- Ability to take initiative, think critically, and resolve problems
- Must be a versatile team player, receptive to other ideas, work effectively in a group or independently
- Solicit, question, and approve due diligence vendors for work nationwide
- Keep communications with analysts and originators for important issues
- Understand preliminary deal information and borrower requests early in the process
- Create a process/checklist in which analysts/originators to communicate deal specifics up front
- Administer policies to assure adherence to process and to allow Due Diligence Manager to maintain objectivity and independence during the process
- Request proposals from due diligence vendor(s)
- Negotiate fees, timeline, and expectations with vendors
- Track all ongoing jobs, timeframes and expectations
- Perform a thorough quality control review of all Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), Property Condition Assessment (PCA) and Probable Maximum Loss (PML) seismic reports for consistency established guidelines.
- Coordinate with consultants and borrower on all Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), Property Condition Assessment (PCA) and Probable Maximum Loss (PML) seismic reports that will require additional investigation
- Convey concerns or observations discovered during due diligence with analysts/originators and borrower. Work to find a solution expeditiously and cost effective solution
- Relay all comments or questions regarding reports to vendors and request final reports (pending deal progression). Track appropriately.
- Work in conjunction with administrative and legal staff to provide all necessary details on ESA, PCA and PLM information critical for CMBS pooling and rating agency requirements
- Provide pool progress reports and updates to management
- Update the Bank’s standard due diligence Scopes of Work in conjunction with rating agency or ASTM scope changes. Distribute guidance or training to the Bank’s employees, when necessary.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering; Civil/Geotechnical Engineering; Environmental Engineering or a related field. - Professional status preferred.
- Asbestos/lead paint survey and compliance certifications a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify