Transaction Manager - Commercial Real Estate
Individuals around the world look to our client to provide them with the advice, expertise and opportunities they need to protect and grow their wealth. Leading companies and institutions in more than 50 countries rely on their financial resources, expertise and infrastructure to help them grow their businesses, manage their risks and invest for the future.
In 2011 Situs partnered with the Real Estate Finance function to build a dedicated team to provide Commercial Real Estate loan origination, underwriting, transaction management and securitization as well as providing external advisory and consulting solutions. This role is based on-site working with our client and integrating seamlessly with our client’s team.
Minimum of five years proven and progressive commercial real estate loan transaction experience with a bank or other financial institution, including experience with commercial syndicated, construction or portfolio loans as well as experience with secondary market, conduit or CMBS product or equivalent
- Manage the documentation and closing needs of a diverse, complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans, including construction, portfolio and syndicated transactions of an individualized nature
- Review and understand commercial banking and commercial real estate loan terms and financial components; identify potential problems and solutions
- Ensure loan submissions comply with applicable internal guidelines, external regulations and unique investor requirements
- Ensure all fees are properly and fully collected at closing
- Responsible for transmittal of loan information to Servicing to support accurate servicing of the loan
- Proper servicing of the transaction ensure maximum recoverability on asset
- Coordinate closing activities with all parties involved including external/internal attorneys, relationship managers, borrower and borrower's counsel
- Serve as a knowledge resource and subject matter expert for CRE on complex transaction and corporate structure
- Engage, manage and direct external counsel to prepare loan documents in accordance with credit approvals, policy and credit standards
- Negotiate legal, policy and procedural components of loan documents in order to decrease risks
- Coordinate loan closings with all parties involved and handle loan from the time of assignment to closing in target time frames established by department, business and as required by transaction and borrower
- Coordinate activities with other parties including external legal counsel, borrower, title company, third parties and internal contacts and resources
- Mitigate and remedy documentation and operational risks, including serving as a screening process for issues impacting post-closing administration
- Confirm that all loan paperwork is handled in compliance with Company procedures and relevant regulations
- Responsible for review of credit approvals and supporting documentation and confirming that loan documentation properly reflects unique, individualized requirements in the approval for the specific loan
- Communicate back to Credit and Relationship Manager when proposed requirements or approvals for the loans cannot be met; offer an alternative scenario to close the loan
- The position develops and presents solutions for approval to credit, the business or servicing as needed
- The position must be able to manage multiple parties and their expectations as well as handle a minimum of ten transactions at any given time
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
- Spot issues, understand issues and resolve and/or mitigate issues.
- Minimum five years proven and progressive commercial real estate transaction experience of which minimum three years should have been at a law firm
- CMBS transaction experience required; balance sheet transaction experience will be an added plus
- Experience with both fixed rate and floating rate loans is required
- Experience with subordinate debt (B notes, junior participations and mezz loans) is preferred
- A successfully completed law degree from an accredited institution
- Strong communications, analytical, decision-making, organizational, follow-up and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate documentation, risk management and commercial real estate loan products, servicing principles for commercial real estate loans and pertinent state laws governing commercial mortgages
- Ability to evaluate, assess and mitigate risk inherent to closing process as well as ensuring adherence to banking regulations and policies and procedures while recognizing the unique, individualized nature of each commercial real estate transaction, particularly syndications
- Attention to detail and ability to evaluate particular situations and work independently to develop a solution critical
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify