Vice President - CRE High Yield Debt Underwriting
We are seeking an VP-level CRE underwriter to be fully dedicated to our client, a New York City-based real estate high yield debt fund with assets under management in the several $Billions, that focuses on opportunistic turnaround deals across asset classes and across the country.
In this role, you will sit on-site at our client in a full time capacity and work among their team. You will be responsible for the full range of responsibilities that goes with screening and structuring complex commercial real estate stretch senior mortgages, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity and some equity. You will take loans from term sheet through the full due diligence and underwriting and closing of the loans.
You will work on a wide range of financing transactions working directly with senior members of the team in a flat organization structure. Work responsibilities include:
- Debt structuring
- Real estate loan (whole loan, mezzanine, preferred equity, equity) underwriting, due diligence, excel & financial modeling, valuation and credit analysis
- Preparation of presentations and memoranda evaluating investment merits and risks, market dynamics, and projected investment returns
- Transaction execution, including negotiation of loan documentation
- Market research
- Review and analyze third party reports including appraisal, engineering, environmental, seismic and credit reports to ensure loan compliance and identify underwriting risks
- Interface with borrowers to compile required data and information, and resolve diligence related issues while mitigating risks
- Analyze operating history and financial statements submitted by borrowers. Conduct Borrower/Sponsor credit review and analysis
- Develop internal deal memos for credit committee review
We seek candidates who are interested in real estate, highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate will have:
- 8-12 years of CRE high yield debt lending, preferably at a top-tier investment bank, private-equity firm, or advisory firm
- BA or BS from an accredited institution
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures
- Advanced experience with Excel, Argus is ideal
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Perseverance, stamina, and a self-starter
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify