Vice President - Marketing Communications
Situs is looking for a marketing communications professional to create, implement and oversee external communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
This is a hands-on position for a candidate who likes to see their initiatives from beginning to end. A media strategist who can identify industry trends and apply them to Situs thought leadership content plan and creation, as well being as an enthusiastic social media savvy manager.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well independently and as part of a team and have excellent project management and multi-tasking skills. It is a critical requirement to have outstanding writing and copyediting skills, and an ability to see the “big picture”
Reporting to the CMO, this position could be located in Washington DC or NYC
· Research potential thought leadership topics and spearhead and collaborate with stakeholders to create the appropriate content and pitch it to the media.
· Build awareness and understanding of the SITUS portfolio brands in the target markets
· Manages the clients newsletters.
· Develop messages to promote the SITUS brand, expertise and capabilities, and use all the tools available, including email campaigns, online advertising and website and social media content development to expand the outreach
· Monitor, track and interpret results of the programs against business goals so that we can measure the success of our efforts
· Collaborate in the creation and maintenance of the marketing yearly communications calendar
· Work collaboratively with all members of the marketing team on content strategy, to harmonize the Situs message to the market: press/clients/prospects
· Develop and maintain strong relations with the business and relevant press; key influencers, analysts, bloggers and reporters
· Develop opportunities for selected spokespeople to promote their expertise in the media
· Write and edit content pieces such as articles, briefing notes, press releases, statements, and manage outside experts who contribute to Situs branded content
Desired Skills and Experience
· Outstanding presentation, writing and editing skills
· BS or BA degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations. Relevant experience in marketing communications or public relations in b2b space.
· Strong preference for candidates with the experience in the financial industry, and who have some experience working internationally
· Is familiar with the news space as it relates to Situs’ and its subsidiaries’ business
· Contacts with the media in the finance and residential and commercial
· Outstanding project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language
· Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
· Ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify