FHA Claims Consultant - Residential Mortgage Servicing
The Collingwood Group, a Situs company, seeks consultants trained in the processing of FHA claims for residential mortgage servicing to assist us with long term projects throughout the US. While projects do vary in terms of location/duration, our typical project structure is to work on-site at the client for the first 2-4 weeks and then work remotely from there.
Ideal candidates will have familiarity with VA, FHA and USDA servicing guidelines, and a solid understanding of one or more of the following:
- FHA Part A and B Claim Filing
- FHA Supplemental Claim Filing
- FHA Loss Mitigation Claim Filing
- VA Claim Filing
- USDA Claim Filing
In this project, you will support our clients in filing FHA claims. You will work among a small team of highly accomplished professionals in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing company, and be exposed to some of the most newsworthy topics affecting residential loan servicing across the United States.
- Track claim findings and respond to client’s leadership team
- Review all past claims filed to determine possible recoverability, report on identifiable recoverable losses & document steps to assist with loss recovery
- Integrate specific servicing requirements regarding loss analysis processes
- Expedite claims processing and share feedback with processors/staff
- Provide flexible, scalable claims management solutions
- Comply with all state and federal laws, regulations, investor and insurer guidelines
- Stay abreast of relevant changes to investor/insurer guidelines, industry standards and client expectations
- Maximize the recovery of losses through the timely and accurate filing of mortgage insurance and investor claims
- Identifying gaps in the department policies and procedures which allowed breakdown and provide recommendations to correct breakdown in process
- Field questions about the file from management as well as present complete file case review to management with recommendations for improvement
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- College degree preferred in Business, Math, English, Legal or other related subject (and/or equivalent work experience)
- Knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA, GLBA, and federal and state laws related to foreclosure and bankruptcy processes
- 2-4 years of experience preferably is a mortgage banking environment learning all the rules and regulations
- Ability to audit and analyze work outputs by interpreting government agency and department guidelines/standards
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to analyze problems and provide the appropriate solution
- Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills verbally and through written electronic correspondence
- Advanced problem solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations on how to improve trends
- Must be highly confidential to protect the client's privacy rights
- PC skills including (but not limited to) advanced Word, Excel, Access, Internet, MSP (LPS/Fidelity) application skills
- Self-starter who can prioritize and direct their own work
ABOUT THE COLLINGWOOD GROUP
A Situs company, Collingwood (www.Collingwoodllc.com) is a Washington, D.C. –based provider of specialized business advisory, business solutions and transaction services to the residential housing finance industry.
Situs (www.situs.com) is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate and finance industries. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S., Europe and Asia, and has acquired a number of platforms. In 2012, Situs acquired Deutsche Bank’s European Servicing operations and became one of the largest third-party loan servicers in Europe; and Hatfield & Phillips, the largest non-performing loan and CMBS Special Servicer in Europe in 2016. Situs’ acquisition in 2017 of The Collingwood Group, a Washington, DC, advisory firm focused on residential housing finance, expanded Situs’ offer in the residential market, and was bolstered by the 2018 acquisition of MountainView Financial Solutions, an industry-leading valuation and risk analytics solutions provider for the financial services sector.
Situs is a rated primary and special servicer with Moody’s, Fitch and Morningstar, has more than $165 billion (€137 billion) of assets under management and is ranked a top 20 commercial loan servicers in multiple categories by the Mortgage Bankers Association. In 2016, Situs received a second consecutive “Advisor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine, and the “Capital Advisor Firm of the Year” award from Property Investor Europe. In 2017, the firm won the “Industry Contributor of the Year” award from Real Estate Finance & Investment magazine.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.