HECM Mortgage - Strategy & Policy Consultants
We are looking for qualified candidates to join our experienced team of residential mortgage consultants to work on specific client engagements. These roles typically work remotely and we call upon these Consultants to deliver specific client projects as required.
Our current needs are for Senior Policy experts who have significant experience with FHA’s Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (“HECM”) reverse mortgage program.
We are looking for qualified candidates with deep domain knowledge and experience relating to the current issues in the HECM market.
As a reverse mortgage professional, you will make an essential contribution to our company and our clients by advising our clients on policy and strategy relating to HECM loans. You will also work among a team of bright, committed and inspiring individuals in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
All Consultant roles require candidates to be or have:
- A minimum of 5 years devising policy and procedures relating to reverse mortgage origination, underwriting, auditing / pre or post-closing QC review or servicing experience.
- Expert knowledge of origination, underwriting or servicing requirements for FHA’s HECM program including a proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems.
- Significant knowledge of and familiarity with current HECM mortgage origination and/or servicing laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Working knowledge of HECM legal documentation;
- Highly motivated, self-directed, team-oriented and attentive to detail.
- The ability to work independently to complete work as per client requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Supervisory experience tracking, analyzing and reporting key finds and metrics.
- Supervisory experience verifying the accuracy of data used in the underwriting process either pro or post-funding
- The demonstrated ability to develop detailed corrective and preventative action plans to ensure compliance or quality performance.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective leadership and critical thinking skills.
The Collingwood Group, a Situs company, is a Washington DC based business advisory and professional services firm providing risk management and professional services to financial institutions and companies in the residential real estate finance market. Collingwood’s clients include top U.S. financial institutions, leading banks, non-bank mortgage lenders, mortgage servicers and private equity and hedge funds invested in the U.S. residential mortgage market.
Collingwood offers a full range of operational and technical professional services including independent risk management, operational readiness assessments, compliance reviews of forward and reverse mortgage origination practices, servicing and subservicing oversight reviews, quality control and auditing reviews, and loss mitigation, default management, foreclosure and claims business operational assessments. In May 2017, Collingwood was acquired by Situs and is now part of the Situs family.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify