FHA Claims Consultant
The Collingwood Group, a Situs company, seeks professionals at various levels, experienced in all aspects of residential mortgage claims. The successful candidate(s) will support the firm’s rapidly growing claims management business.
The successful candidate(s) will have experience and familiarity with one or more of the following areas:
- FHA Claims (Parts A and B, supplemental, and loss mitigation claims)
- VA Claims
- USDA Claims
- GSE claims
- MI Claims
The successful candidate(s) will work among a rapidly growing team of highly accomplished professionals in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing company supporting the leading financial services companies in the residential mortgage industry.
Responsibilities May Include one or More of the Following:
- Reviewing and analyzing clients’ claims functions;
- Reviewing and analyzing clients’ claims department policies and procedures;
- Working with other Collingwood professionals to develop corrective measures designed to improve the efficacy of clients’ claims functions;
- Reviewing and analyzing clients’ compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations, investor and insurer guidelines;
- Remaining current regarding relevant changes to investor/insurer guidelines, industry standards;
- Working with other Collingwood professionals, perform claims analysis of previously filed claims;
- In those instances in which clients have outsourced their claims functions to Collingwood, manage or otherwise perform one or more of the following functions (among others):
- File clients’ claims;
- Track claim filings and respond to client’s leadership team;
- Review past claims filed to determine possible recoverability, report on identifiable recoverable losses and document steps to assist with loss recovery;
- Working with other Collingwood professionals, support the development of systems and processes designed to provide clients with flexible, scalable claims management solutions;
- Communicating with clients across the full range of their claims functions;
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- Experience in a mortgage banking, servicing or consulting firm with specific experience working with FHA, VA, USDA, GSE and or MI claims and or servicing guidelines and rules;
- General knowledge of mortgage banking and/or servicing. Familiarity with regulations such as RESPA, FDCPA, GLBA, and/or federal and state laws related to foreclosure and bankruptcy processes is helpful but not required;
- College degree (and/or equivalent work experience);
- Demonstrated ability to audit and analyze work outputs by interpreting government agency and department guidelines/standards;
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to analyze problems and provide the appropriate solution;
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills verbally and through written electronic correspondence;
- Must be highly confidential to protect the client's privacy rights;
- PC skills including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Access, Internet, MSP (LPS/Fidelity) application skills;
- Self-starter who can prioritize and direct his or her own work.
- Ability to travel 20-40% depending on assignment.
ABOUT THE COLLINGWOOD GROUP
A Situs company, Collingwood (www.Collingwoodllc.com) is a Washington, D.C. –based provider of specialized business advisory, business solutions and transaction services to the residential housing finance industry.
Situs (www.Situs.com) is a global provider of strategic business and technology solutions to the real estate and finance industries. Situs has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
This Employer Participates in E- Verify.