Technical Writer for Mortgage Finance Data Science Model - consulting project
In this project, you will work hand-in-hand with the model development team – you will conduct interviews with them and have access to the notes they took during development. You will synthesize the findings into model developer guides / technical model documentation that is well-written and can be used by another developer to achieve similar results.
This project is structured such that the first 2-3 weeks will have heavy on-site requirement with subsequent weeks tailored to the needs of the project. The consultant will be contracted on a 1099 basis.
- Self-starter who can prioritize and direct their own work
- Excellent writing skills (sample will be requested)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Culturally sensitive and curious, and able to work effectively with disparate teams and senior colleagues and clients
- Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree in data science or quantitative modelling preferred
- 7-10 years relevant work experience in data science or quantitative modelling
- Experience working with models focused on debt-related products is required. Experience in the residential mortgage arena is a huge plus
- The desire and aptitude to work on a project with varying time commitment
The Collingwood Group, a Situs company, is a Washington DC based business advisory and professional services firm providing risk management and professional services to financial institutions and companies in the residential real estate finance market. Collingwood’s clients include top U.S. financial institutions, leading banks, non-bank mortgage lenders, servicers, investors and private equity and hedge funds invested in the U.S. residential mortgage market.
Collingwood offers a full range of operational and technical professional services including independent risk management, operational readiness assessments, compliance reviews of forward and reverse mortgage origination practices, servicing and subservicing oversight reviews, quality control and auditing reviews, and loss mitigation, default management, foreclosure and claims business operational assessments. In May 2017, Collingwood was acquired by Situs and is now part of the Situs family.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify