Provide support in delivering real estate analysis, underwriting, debt consulting and the loan surveillance services to the Situs Advisory team in an accurate, timely and high quality fashion.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Demonstrates comprehension of real estate and real estate finance process. Participates in most aspects of projects with direct supervision.
- Understanding Situs business lines and be able to recognize the “next step” in the process
- Be able to research, analyze and write market summaries, property descriptions and other aspects of third party reporting in a clear concise manner
- Requires the demonstration of analytical skills and a basic understanding of real estate knowledge and terminology
- Have a basic knowledge of leases and the ability to create and analyze rent rolls
- Analyzing and interpreting basic financial reports such as “Operating Statements”, basic financial categories such as “Revenues and Expenses” and “Recoveries”, and historical trending
- Understand underwriting and valuation models
- Handle tenant level information including financial trends and credit ratings or stock market capitalization
- Understand most property sectors and their different investment characteristics
- Understand the basic valuation methods for appraisals
- Full knowledge of third party report outlines and contents for appraisal, engineering and environmental components
- Knowledge of excel and cash flow modeling and basic understanding of real estate finance and debt structures
- Conduct telephone calls with servicers, clients and 4rd party providers and be responsible for delivering high quality work
- Proactive in sourcing workload and work as a team player proactively helping others as necessary
- Be commercially aware of the clients’ expectations in the wider transaction around Situs’ instruction
- Undertake any role in the instruction necessary to get to the finish line
- Works independently on projects and collaborates ‘face to face’ as a team player.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Work experience requirements:
- Typically Entry Level through Year One, however 1 to 1½ years in real estate related industry is preferred
- A proficiency in business writing skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Able to use all related Company financial hardware and software platforms
Essential Computer Skills Requirements:
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Associate degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
Preferred Field of Study:
- Business Administration
- Real Estate
(Americans with Disabilities Act Amended - USA; Office for Disability Issues - Europe.)
All of the Essential Functions; Key Responsibilities and Essential Computer skills are critical to this position.
Key Success Factors:
- A full knowledge of 3rd party report outlines and contents for appraisal, engineering and environmental components and exposure to seismic reports
- Ability to learn and comprehend information quickly
- Willingness and motivation to make the group successful
- Pro-active approach to increasing knowledge of process and terminology of real estate and due diligence/ underwriting
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment running multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Participation in the Situs Cares “give-back” and “environment respect” campaigns.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to become an expert on Situs business and culture.
- Ability to be flexible in working with team members to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact easily at all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail