Under the direction of the Portfolio Manager and/or Senior Asset Manager, Asset Manager will have management responsibility of assigned loans and/or real estate properties as well as ad hoc processing of loan assumption and lender consent requests
• Day to day management of assigned loans, REO and other assets to meet or exceed financial performance objectives and minimize risk of loss;
• Negotiate resolution of troubled or non-performing loans with individual borrowers;
• Work on multiple loan and REO resolutions concurrently;
• Analyze the property level cash flows and rent rolls to estimate mark-to-market income and expenses and property valuation;
• Review third party reports including appraisals, property inspections, and environmental assessments
• Develop and evaluate all loan resolution alternatives on an NPV basis and recommend optimum resolution strategy for individual assets and document in an asset business plan;
• Develop operating plans/budgets and recommend optimum liquidation strategy for individual REO assets and document in an asset business plan;
• Obtain Investment Committee and servicing agreement approvals to execute loan or REO workout strategies.
• Interview, select and oversee property managers upon obtaining title through foreclosure.
• Interview, select and oversee brokers and negotiate property sales upon obtaining property through foreclosure.
• Interview, select and oversee legal counsel as required.
• Working with assigned Asset Analyst, ensure compliance with all requirements of the Servicing agreements, in connection with assigned loans or REO, as determined by the Compliance Manager
• Frequent interaction with clients to discuss asset strategies, special requests and updates
• Minimum five years real estate industry experience
• Strong analytical abilities including commercial property valuation
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good negotiating skills
• Experience with NPV analysis of property and loan cash flows and asset budget preparation
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong Excel skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows applications
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
Situs has been selected as Advisor of the Year at the Real Estate Finance and Investment Financing Awards 2015 and 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify