Sr Analyst / Associate - Multifamily Underwriter
We are seeking a commercial real estate underwriter on behalf of our client, a hedge fund in Summitt, NJ. The ideal candidate would have significant experience in multifamily and mixed-use loans in the United States. They will work among a small but accomplished team in helping to support investment decisions by providing necessary underwriting, due diligence and credit analysis of newly originated stable and transitional commercial real estate loans.
This role is being structured as an initial 6-month contract through Situs with likelihood that it will extend to full-time offer for a strong performer.
- Work with multiple lenders throughout the U.S. to assist in the origination and eventual purchase of CRE small balance loans.
- Work will include screening loans on a preliminary basis, loan underwriting, due diligence, financial valuation, credit analysis, preparation of credit memos, etc.
- Will include working with other professionals both internally and externally.
- Work with third party providers and lenders to ensure completeness and accuracy of third party reports including property appraisals, appraisal reviews, environmental reports, property condition reports, construction feasibility analysis, etc.
- Participate in client conversations, phone calls, company presentations, etc.
- Will include data tracking and pipeline management.
- College degree in Commercial Real Estate, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- Experience working with Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac loans is a plus.
- Strong modeling skills in Excel (including macros) and preferably third-party tools like Argus, CoStar and REIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills who works well with others in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while working independently in a fast-pace environment
- Prior securitization or conduit experience is a plus
- Work US schedule
Situs is the premier global provider of strategic business and technology solutions for the real estate finance industry, trusted to evaluate, optimize and manage critical assets and securities: from commercial and residential real estate, to small- and medium-enterprise and consumer lending.
Since 1985, Situs has set the standard in financial services for service, quality and execution.
Situs has offices across the US and Europe and has been involved in more than $1 trillion of real estate debt and equity deals.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify