Senior Consultant - FHA Compliance
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our experienced team of residential mortgage professionals to work on specific client engagements. Qualified candidates shall have experience with and knowledge of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), including experience with: (i) FHA Underwriting, (ii) understanding and application of FHA credit and servicing policy, (iii) quality control, guidelines and oversight requirements, and (iv) loan endorsement policies and procedures. In addition to specific experience with the application of FHA policy, qualified candidates will have demonstrable experience with the design and delivery of FHA related training, change management, and process improvement.
As a mortgage industry professional, you will make an essential contribution to our company and our clients by ensuring FHA lenders operate in compliance with regulatory mandates, and agency policies and procedures. You also will work among a team of bright, committed and inspiring individuals in an exciting, fast-paced environment on important industry issues.
For this role, we require a minimum of 10+ years of experience working for FHA, an FHA approved mortgage lender/servicer, or with a professional services firm with direct contract experience on relevant FHA matters. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- The ability to work independently to complete work as per client requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Data Analysis and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivation and attention to detail.
In addition, Manager Positions require:
- Supervisory experience tracking, analyzing and reporting key finds and metrics.
- The demonstrated ability to develop detailed corrective and preventative action plans to ensure compliance or quality performance, or to increase efficiencies.
- Experience conducting or overseeing compliance or securitization audits.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective leadership and critical thinking skills.
The Collingwood Group, a Situs company, is a Washington DC based business advisory and professional services firm providing risk management and professional services to financial institutions and companies in the residential real estate finance market. Collingwood’s clients include top U.S. financial institutions, leading banks, non-bank mortgage lenders, mortgage servicers and private equity and hedge funds invested in the U.S. residential mortgage market.
Collingwood offers a full range of operational and technical professional services including independent risk management, operational readiness assessments, compliance reviews of forward and reverse mortgage origination practices, servicing and subservicing oversight reviews, quality control and auditing reviews, and loss mitigation, default management, foreclosure and claims business operational assessments. In May 2017, Collingwood was acquired by Situs and is now part of the Situs family.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify